On Monday Nov, 17 Tom and I were lucky enough to be able to go up to Boise for the 20 week appoinment with Nicole, which the doctor refers to as the biophysical. They check every little bitty part of them to make sure everything is there and functioning. I couldn't sleep for about a week solid I was so anxious to see them. Tom didn't start to get nervous until we actually drove up to Boise from Logan the night before.
This picture is from when Nicole and Tom met for the first Sunday night when we got together for dinner at Macaroni Grill with her God Mother and Izaiah. It was crazy since I feel like I know her so well that they had never even talked.
The ultrasound was nothing short of magical. To actually see the two of them spinning around, moving their arms and legs and their little hearts fluttering! I could have watched forever. I'm not sure Nicole felt the same. Over an hour of someone pushing on your belly with a full bladder can not be easy, LOL! They really did have to push and prod around a lot to see everything with two of them getting in each other's way. Tom was probably feeling a little squished also since I had to sit on his lap the whole time! They only had one chair, I guess our situation is a little unusual. Tom was a great sport, especially since as you all know he is such a big fan of PDA. He seemed too enthralled with the screen to care.
Baby A was too excited to hold still from the start. The poor ultrasound tech tried valiantly to get measurements and pictures of everything from legs to the bladder. After a while she had to move on to Baby B and save some of the shots for later including the sex. Baby B on the other hand while doing a few flips in the extra space they still had was floating around more serenely and happy to have her picture taken. Once we found out she was a girl I said "Baby A must be boy then." He did his best to hid that fact but our determined ultrasound tech caught a very clear picture. The crying (for Nicole and I) started as soon as we found out Baby B was a girl. He also gave us a great view of him kicking his sister in the head...and so it begins.
The doctor said both babies looked perfect and were in the 83% for twins. They have been growing very symetrically up till now and we hope they keep on keeping up with each other. A little sibbling rivalry is good in this area. They like to see twins close in size because it means they are both getting what they need.
The ride home included a ridiculous discussion of names that included Tom's suggestion of Obidden for the boy (Obama and Bidden combined) and my counter that the girl would then be named Palin. We have since then come up with some better options, but we are keeping those close to the vest right now.
We are so happy and excited to meet them soon and so relieved to know that they are healthy. Great job Baby Mama!

2 comments:
How fabulously exciting for both of you! One of each is perfect. I am glad things are going well for everyone. I can imagine getting two of everything must be a tad overwhelming. But if you just take it day by day you'll get it all done.
Congrats again! So excited for. Can't wait for your shower!
Post a Comment