June 21, 2013

Finally inspired to post-Life according to Logan

Interview with Logan

One of the things I thought I would do more when I got my new macbook was post on my blog.  Since I don't journal this is supposed to be my record of my kids life.  Well, that was a year ago and we all see how well that was gone.  Not really from lack of desire, but just a year that has kicked my butt.  I was finally inspired yesterday by an easy idea on a blog post I read yesterday.
http://crappypictures.com/interview-your-kids/

I love the funny things littles say but they disappear all too quickly, like Logan calling the movie theater a "videar" and "gravo" for bravo.  I love the idea of interviewing your kids each year as a little talking time capsule.   It only took about 5 minutes with Logan and Lila would have gone on ALL night if I could have written faster.  Kids like nothing more than someone really listening to them chat away, especially if you are writing it down.  So, it here it comes life according to Logan.


  • What is the meaning of life?  Remember, watermelon is not a treat.  (not sure if he was answering my question or just talking about the fact we had just eaten watermelon.)
  • What do you want to be when you grow up? A guard
  • What brings you the most happiness? Pirate Dogs (a new library book "Pirate Pups")
  • When do you feel the most loved?  Dragons and Jenga
  • What are you afraid of? Dragons (I'm sensing a theme here)
  • If you had one wish, what would you wish for? Christmas Santa for a little toy
  • What is the funniest word? Slice
  • What is the hardest/easiest thing to do? Jenga/Cars from Br. Burns
  • What is the best/worst thing in the world? Mean nights/Dragons
  • What makes you mad? Monsters
  • What is the meaning of love? Love somebody, mommy, daddy
  • If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it? Mean squinkie ninjas
It was quite the random little conversation, but I loved the look on his face that said to me "I know these answers" and "cool, mom is really listening and writing it down." Logan is my Mr. Jekyll and Hyde. Over the last couple years he has been one of my biggest challenges. As I've been praying to understand him I've been struck by how underneath his bluster and screaming and anger really is the most sensitive little heart.  We've seen such a change in him as we have praised him for all the things he does right.  I can see is confidence grow every day.  We still have our struggles.  He is either the sweetest most loving little boy ever or he's quite the demon child. I think he take everything so to heart that he just doesn't know how to express it.

In other ways he is so articulate and often explains things to me using analogies when I don't know what he's talking about. He likes to draw comparisons between things and they are often so obscure and insightful.  He talks about everything more than a week past as "when I was a baby I..."  And when he tells us something new he likes to ask "you didn't know that?"  I love to touch his little face and pin him down and tickle him until he can't stand it.  I can't believe what a little boy he is.  ALL boy!









No comments: