July 6, 2008

Surrogacy update




Just to get everyone up to speed I'll recap a little. We had a wonderful surrogate who went through one IVF cycle for us which failed. Turns out my eggs are old and crusty before their time. Most likely another side benefit of Lupus. For family reasons she had to stop pursuing being a surrogate for now but we are so grateful for everything she did and we are still good friends.

After what seemed like a very long search we finally found our new surrogate who is fantastic! We love her and very importantly trust her. Nicole is a single mom with an adorable 18 month old little boy named Izaiah. She is one of those rare people who would do something so huge for someone she doesn't even know. She just had her last check up and her uterus looks textbook perfect. She is responding perfectly to the meds. One hurdle down!

It seems to be coming so slowly but I'm a patient girl, hah! It is coming though and is feeling so much more real. I'm crossing everything I have for success on the 1st try. The suspense is killing me!

Please keep us in your prayers, we truly need a miracle here.

2 comments:

Wendie said...

Good thing I'm reading this Sunday morning on Fast Sunday. We'll add you to our prayers.

Brittany said...

I am thinking about you and have great faith that things will work out!