Yes, for those of you who haven't heard yet (and those who have), it's officially twins. I know that with fertility treatments it was always a possibility but the voice in my head always said "but that kind of thing doesn't happen to me". I don't know what I was thinking. Of course the reality is I always seem to do things a little differently. But I still like to kid myself and see myself as totally normal. No jokes!
So this is how the conversation went. Nicole called me so I could be on speakerphone and I hear all this noise and Linda (the NP) screaming in the background.
Linda: Two!
Janae: What?
Linda: Two!
Janae: Twins?
Linda: That's what two means
Then it was a bunch of "are you kidding me?" and "are you serious?" and "I can't belive it". You get the idea...eventually we made our way to "That is amazing".
Then, I hatched my brilliant plot. There was no way I was going to tell Tom this over the phone. I had to see his face and wanted to celebrate together but I knew he would be waiting for my call. I called him and told him there was a heart beat (no lying involved yet, just omission),and then he said "but just one right?" I said yes and that it was very strong and that "they" were measuring a few days ahead (oops, but he didn't catch it.)
I decided to hurry and get ready and drive up to his work and bring him a print out of the ultrasound shots that Nicole scanned in and emailed me. All the while I was calling family while I put on my makeup, straightened my hair, etc. I couldn't stop grinning. My face started to hurt. This all sounded like a good idea until I was driving up there and started worrying that Tom was going to kill me (he's not real big on surprises.) Too late now, I just had to follow through.
I called him and and asked him to meet me in front of his work because I had something to show him. I handed him the sheet and just waited. He looked puzzled and then asked, "why are there two?" I couldn't even speak, I just stood there with this silly grin on my face until I finally saw some kind of comprehension and he asked "really?" Somewhere in there the word twins came up. It's all a blur after that.
I was pretty much on the phone all day and started to forget who I had told and hadn't. I was just in such a daze. It is just still unbelievable to me that we could be so blessed. So many people have been praying and pulling for us and I just wanted you all to know. Everyone's reactions were so amazing and I'm so touched by how many people have been hoping for us to have a baby and we are halfway there.
I know there are many months of waiting and worrying but now I know they are real and surprisingly there are two precious babies growing. I just want to be able to look at them everyday to make sure they are healthy but I never worry that Nicole won't take care of them better than I every could until they are ready. She has been amazing and is almost as happy as we are that there are two. She may feel differently when they start crowding out her vital organs! =)
Think happy sticky jelly bean growing thoughts for us. We are in for a crazy ride!

3 comments:
Oh, Janae, Janae, Janae! Doubly wonderful exciting fantabulous news! Oh, I am so so happy for you guys! Cannot wait for ongoing updates!!!
I am so excited for you, just think your little family is about to double in size!!! I can't wait for all the fun days ahead!
We will keep you in our prayers.
This is what I get for not calling you back! It's still fabulous, fabulous, stupendous news! Happy 2Baby Day!!!! I can't wait for all the updates along the way.
Post a Comment