This was our first anniversary with kids. It feels so different. I always love our anniversary but this year we went from being a couple to a family. And amazingly we weathered the first six months with Lila and Logan stronger and more united than ever. I am really grateful for how much Tom has stepped up and gone above and beyond in being a Dad and helping me as a husband. He has been really amazing and I have loved watching how he just lights up with them and wants to be involved in everything (except dressing them!)
Thanks to my Dad and Vee, we were able to spend some time on the beach snorkling in the morning and then go out to an amazing dinner. We went to this little sushi place north of us in Kapalua. We were still on a pretty early schedule because of the kids so we went at 5:30 and luckily we had reservations. This place was crazy busy. What we didn't know was that everything ordered before 6:00 is 25% off. The place is a madhouse. When we got there we were confused by the line at the front door and they weren't open yet so we jumped in line. People just kept coming and coming! After a while I figured out that there was a sign showing a line for reservations and a line for walk-ins.
At 5:30 they opened the doors and started filling the tables and the waiter hurried around taking orders. They make a point of helping everyone get them in before the cut-off and even pre-order dessert for you. It was a lot of pressure but I think we choose well. The most amazing thing for me was this noodle soup with truffles and king crab meat. The broth tasted like butter. Yummm! The runner up had to be the macadamia nut brownie with ice cream (which I never eat.) Sooo good. We ended up with this amazing meal for what would be cheap in Denver let alone Hawaii. It will be a definite repeat visit next year.
The Four Seasons was near by and Tom and I love to walk around other hotels and model homes etc., so we checked that out and then took their long path down to the water. It was pitch dark and all lit up with tiki torches. Really really beautiful. We could hear the ocean but you couldn't see it until we got down to the end because the resort is up on a cliff. Although the Four Seasons looked amazing I wouldn't trade it for our beach front access and walk-in snorkeling.
To top it all off we got to sleep in because they kept the kids in their room 'til morning. Most sleep I got the whole week! Having kids does make you appreciate little bits of time alone together.

2 comments:
Happy 5th! Glad you had such a lovely and joyous celebration. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Jealous...
Post a Comment