Yesterday the weather was freezing and gusty but this morning I woke up to warmth (relatively), still air and sunshine. My dad loves road trips even more than I do so he was handy to have around.
He drove and I was free to enjoy the scenery. A lot of the leaves had fallen victim to high winds but it was still a beautiful drive to Sylvan Lake State Park near Eagle. The drive was definitely had more color than the actual lake.
We had a couple close encounters with some cows.
Lila and Logan definitely love the age old tradition of throwing rocks into water. Papa spent a lot of time looking for bigger rocks for Logan to throw until he threw one so big he landed on his behind. If they hadn't gotten hungry and the Broncos weren't playing today they would have spent hours there. I sure love these little people and was grateful for some time to just enjoy being with them today in such a beautiful place. Moving and traveling this summer seem to have just sucked all my time and energy into a black hole. It was nice to be reminded of how much fun they are. Then later I got to be reminded of how much I dislike putting them down for a nap when they are ornery. Ha ha! It is always a roller coaster. I love seeing them interact with their papa and Tom.
Is it just me, or does Lila look like an angry Italian woman gesturing with her hand?
I thought since my Dad was here we should get a picture of all four of us. Doesn't happen very often. Between Lila not wanting to be in it or look at the camera these were the best we got. Little stinker! Family photos next week should be interesting...
This is one happy little girl!
The kids were sure happy to see their papa yesterday
The good thing is they were entertaining themselves at dinner last night. The bad thing is they were laughing REALLY loudly. On the other hand we were in a brew pub so they weren't the only noise going on. I love to see them play their little made up games and laugh at their inside jokes. I just hope they can always have this amazing bond. Overall it's been a spectacular weekend, ending with me alone at the condo. That is another story and it's also why I actually had time to blog in silence. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment