I got to go to Boise Monday to attend Nicole's 1st regular Dr.s apt. She has officially graduated from the clinic. Amazingly, as you can see, even with twins she isn't showing although she is constantly hungry so she knows they are growing!
Boy, nothing quite compares to a live ultrasound! Nicole sent us pictures of the seven and nine week ones but it was amazing to see how much more detail you can see up on that screen. There is something about them moving around (and probably the larger size) that just makes the features and little parts so much easier to see. Baby B was totally cooperative and moved around from the beginning but Baby A was a little more stubborn and was sleeping when we started.
I guess they like to see them move so after the u/s tech did some measurements she tried to jiggle the u/s wand to get Baby B to move. When that didn't work she had Nicole cough which finally woke him up but I don't think he was happy about it because he stretched a little and then turned his back to us. She couldn't get him to turn back around so she could get a second measurement but I'm not sure why she didn't do them all before trying to move him.
We got some great profiles and head on shots of them separately but by the time she tried to get a picture of them together they were both turned with their backs to us in identical positions which she thought was pretty funny so the shot together is just the tops of their heads.
I loved seeing the little flutter of their hearts, both had really good heart beats. They were 160 and 170 but I can't remember which was which and they measured "A" 5.1 cm and "B" 5.3 cm. Which is just over 2". So tiny, but you can already see so much. Little arms, legs, fingers, chins, eye sockets and their huge brains. The frontal view really does look alien like at this stage so I like the profiles!
It is really hard to leave them there but as I was saying goodbye to Nicole she told me "don't worry, I'll take good care of them" and I was grateful to realized that I had NO doubts that she would. We feel really blessed to have her watching over them since I can't do it myself. I still really miss them which may sound a little weird since I haven't met them yet, but all you mothers out there probably understand.

1 comment:
So glad to hear things are progressing! So cool that you got to be there for the appointment.
Post a Comment