I never would have imagined seeing those little 5 1/2 pound baby birds six weeks ago that I would have 10 pound babies today. It's crazy! I'm so grateful I don't have to worry if they are doing well but I'm a little frightened. If they keep this up my arms are going to fall off and my legs are going to collapse trying to carry both of them up and down the stairs all day. I was astounded when we went to the Dr. yesterday. Lila was 9 lbs 15 oz and Logan 9 lb 14 oz. Lila seems determined to hold on to her lead however slight. I think she waited to pee until after the weigh-in. I'm not kidding this girl is smart. My question is...how much of that weight is in the cheeks?
Before you are too impressed for those of you who aren't family my cousin Kate had a 10 lb 15 oz baby last week and she weighs all of about 80 lbs or so. Now that is amazing. I guess our family just has healthy babies!
I also learned yesterday that if Lila could sleep on her stomach she would nap like a dream. I laid her and Logan down for some tummy time and while Logan sucked on his hand she got as chillaxed as I ever see her and fell asleep. Daytime naps are so rare for that I got a book and sat there to make sure she kept breathing and let her sleep. If it wasn't for the SIDS risk I would have found the magic charm.

7 comments:
They're looking great and growing so well! Isn't it a shame that they can't go to bed on their tummies - my kids always slept best that way. In fact, now that they're old enough to sleep how they want to, all 3 of them are tummy sleepers!
They just don't stay tiny for long, do they? So cute.
Those babies are getting big, it does happen so fast! I miss seeing you all the time, I will have to be better about calling.
They are so healthy & adorable Janae! Darn that SIDS. My kids loved their tummies too!
Looks like you might have some Sophie babies on your hands! She was 10 lbs. at 4 weeks, but she started off a few lbs heavier than your twins. Very impressive! They are gorgeous and I can't believe I haven't held them yet... or brought you dinner. I haven't forgotten. May was out of control. So happy to see they are still perfect!
Thanks for the credit on tour blog. I still can't believe I could walk after having this baby! Needless to say though I love big, fat babies including yours!!! They could not be any cuter!!! It would be nice if they'd slow down a little on the pound packing though. You are going to get ripped!
I hope you are hanging in there ok. I am about ready to scream with my two girls and one is fairly self sufficient. Good luck with every day my dear. Pls tell me Tom is around alot!
Big babies are healthy babies! They look so great. No need to go to the gym to work your arms when you have those two cuties to carry up and down the stairs.
Post a Comment