May 10, 2009

Jumping back in!

This is me learning to use the self-timer on my camera


Doesn't Logan look like a linebacker in training? No neck!



I've been totally overwhelmed by the thought of blogging because I'm so behind and just don't have time to go back right now and catch up the first six weeks of Lila and Logan's lives. I thought today being Mother's day and my first...yeah!, would be the perfect day to just start from now and fill in where I can later. I feel so incredibly blessed to finally have my babies here and to see my dream of being a mother coming true every day.

We went to church, all of us, which was their first time and a perfect present from Tom. I was so nervous last night about getting anywhere at 8:30 am and especially all dressed up and clean, etc. We showered last night, laid out clothes, I painted my toenails (a rare treat) and all I could think of was that primary song. "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday..." I always thought why ruin a perfectly good Saturday getting ready for Sunday when I was a kid, but now it's a necessity!

We made it! No one spit up or had a diaper blow out. We were even five minutes early. I spent most of the meeting in the mother's lounge with my friend Jacque feeding the babies, but even though I heard almost nothing of the meeting it felt so good to be back and have my babies with me. It may be annoying to some not to be able to listen, but at least for now I love that feeling of being a normal mother at church. I prayed and wished for it so long. I'm just thrilled to go through it all. Everyone oohed and aahed over my beautiful babies and I have to say I thought they looked gorgeous all dressed up (even Tom.)

Tom bought me a waffle iron and flowers for Mother's day and made me breakfast when we got home. We have been wanting to start the tradition of making breakfast on the weekends and I kept wishing we had one. He also made me bacon which I can eat in obscene amounts. It's early still, but so far a wonderful day. I am grateful for a day to think about how my Heavenly Father has guided my life to this point and gave me the gift of realizing how precious these babies are. I hope I never learn to take them for granted.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Logan and Lila are SO adorable! I can be a production to get out the door with infants, but you guys look great for having twins! Happy Mother's Day!

Melissa said...

I am smiling in a big way for you. Happy Mother's Day!!! What great words to say to you, my friend.

It was fantastic to see you and the babies last week. They are so beautiful. Enjoy!

Glad the first church experience went well.

taradon said...

I just found the link to your blog on Melissa's blog... so exciting to see the pictures of your beautiful babies! Congratulations and happy Mother's Day!!

Jason & Catherine Beveridge said...

Janae, how did I miss you at church? Oh, I know . . . because we got there at 9:30! I'm so impressed. We do the same on Saturday - lay out everything so things run smoothly in the am. In fact, I do that every night - lay out clothes, shoes, cereal bowls, spoon, & vitamins so getting off to school is a cinch. Your babies are seriously gorgeous!!! So are you & Tom. Happy Mother's Day! Heaven knows you deserve it.

Patrick and Heather said...

Oh I love them! They are the cutest babies ever! I am soooo happy for you to be a mommy, you are very deserving of it and you will be a fabulous mother! Hugs!!!