March 9, 2009

Look at them grow!



Everyone's growing. Nicole, the babies, and of course the fat cat Mario. I'm sure Nicole is grateful only her belly is growing. A quote from Nicole " I took these all today. Different colors give you an idea of how big I'm getting. I DEFINITELY should have avoided the orange...I may as well paint a jack-o-lantern face on it!lol" Here are the latest pics at 33 1/2 weeks. She is now 35 weeks so I'm sure even these are outdated because the babies are really packing it on.

Nicole's OB said be ready by 35 weeks and I've taken that pretty literally. Other than getting the car seats installed I've accomplished that. The fire department and Police departments seem to want an apt. to have them checked or the plan was to have them done this last Sat. So, we'll blame them! I've been so focused on getting everything gathered and ready for the babies that I haven't posted the last two apts. yet, so here are the vitals:

2/26
Logan and Lila were both 4lbs 7oz
Logan HR 146
Lila HR 140

3/6
Logan 5lbs 6oz
Lila 5lbs 7oz
Lila's heart rate was originally 164 but the u/s tech made sure to have Nicole tell me that this was because of she had the hiccups and was wiggling around. Logan was 128 I believe. She dropped back down the the 140s by the time the Dr. came in.

I can't believe they put on a full pound in a week! If they keep this up, they would be over 8 lbs at 38 weeks but I'm sure for Nicole's sake they will slow down a little. Anything over 6 pounds is fantastic for twins so no doubt they will be a good weight.

Nicole is still doing great. Cervix is looking good. They both still have plenty of fluid and as you can see are growing evenly and well. Her blood pressure is within normal range for twins at this stage. All in all it looks like they will be baking a while longer. With twins things can change quickly, so I'm staying on my toes

I got the chance to go to the mall with my friend Melanie who had her identical girls in early January for their first outing with her. We put them in the baby bjorns and just walked around and got some lunch. I got a little glimpse of my future life. Total strangers kept coming up to us to ask if they were twins and then to gush. People seem so fascinated and excited for her. It made it feel a little more real to me to be carrying around her little Sophie and realize that this would be me soon. Crazy!

We have less than three weeks at the most now and although I want them to stay in until at least 36 (term for twins), I'd be lying to say I would be thrilled to meet them a little sooner than 38 weeks, as long as they are healthy and ready. I'm ready to have them here. I know a lot of you are laughing, but it all depends on your definition of ready!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow - they are looking good and healthy! How fantastic. You really are in the home stretch... it could be any day now! Here's to the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait to see them on the outside!

Amy said...

Really, could totally be any day now.!! I am no doctor, (although I know one pretty well), but as a Mom I'd say those babies are in great shape. I love reading about twins. It is so cool that they can get individual stats and heart rates. My last minute advice is to get some rest-they'll be here so soon!

Brittany said...

I can hardly wait to meet them too!

The Calverts said...

Wow, the time will be here before you know it! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful. Looking forward to seeing photos of them!