
What is it about cozy days that makes me want to make goodies? I'm not a real baker but I saw these "energy bites" http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-bake-energy-bites-recipe.html on pinterest a while ago and then I saw them again yesterday and thought they would make a fun breakfast. Luckily I made them before the kids woke up and "tested" them because these would ruin my kids' expectations of breakfast forever. They became cookies for after dinner (and my afternoon snack during nap time.)
Playgroup was cancelled because of the weather but luckily my friend Liz and her twins John and Sophia live just up the street and the good old mini van made it that far for a little play date. Thank heavens!
When we got home Logan laid down on the kitchen floor (next to the garbage can of course.) I asked him if he was tired, to which he replied "No, it's a wolf nap." Well of course that makes sense! The kids then got out their yoga mats-yes they have their own-and took some more "wolf naps." Which eventually led to one for me. They would come over and give me kisses and then tell me to close my eyes and walk away. It was a sacrifice, but I complied. If they could have gotten themselves in bed I could have just fallen asleep there. That's the other thing snow days make me want...naps!
We are on our second snow day now, and lazy parents that we are, we still haven't taken the kids out to play in the snow. In our defense it is up to their chests in some places. But, truth be told we just have a lot to do getting the house ready to show. Tom "almost bought a sled the other day" but "almost" doesn't get it in the house. I think at least til the house is on the market. I'm going to have to be the put on a lot of movies and make popcorn kind of Mom. Who am I kidding, that's my default! One of these days I'm going to suck it up and get out in the snow and let them sled their guts out. They did play in one big snow storm early in the winter. Maybe I'll have to dig up those pics and post them to make myself feel better :/
For now it's time for another snow day nap. Again, I'm kidding myself. That's an everyday goal but it just sounds better when blamed on weather. I just hope we don't run out of movies.....

No comments:
Post a Comment